For one week only, I’m pleased to host the Great DoyleMaps Contest! On offer is the easily-mailed Great Canadian prize: a $20 Tim Horton’s gift card. To be eligible to win, all you have to do is identify as many as you can of ten locations from screenshots of Republic of Doyle.
Update: To the 21 of you who were taken in by the RickRolling link, I apologize. I had the idea for the contest last night, and I’ve been too busy to actually get the screenshots ready today, so I thought I’d alienate my readers with a bit of April Foolery. The good news is that the contest is actually real, and there really is a Tim’s card up for grabs. Tell your friends, put your thinking caps on, and come back tomorrow to start the challenge.
The rules are simple:
- While you get bonus points for identifying what happened in the scene in question, what I’m really looking for is where in St. John’s each scene was shot. And no points just for saying ‘The West End.’ Let’s try for an actual street/neighbourhood.
- Submit your answers by email to doylemaps [at] gmail [dot] com, with the subject line ‘Contest’. [In the April Fool’s version, this line said to comment on the post, but if you think about it, only one person would need to do the work, and everyone else could chime in with the same answers.]
- At 9:00pm Atlantic time (9:30 in the Republic) on Wednesday 7 April, I will collect all the entries with all right answers (or, if no one gets them all, the entries with the most right) in my largest hat, and give them a shake.
- One lucky entry will be drawn and announced; then I’ll contact the lucky winner about how to send them their Tim Horton’s gift card.
- Some locations may already be in the maps already posted, so be sure to check them as well.
- This contest is just for a bit of fun; let’s not get too cutthroat in competition.
To see what the April Fools visitors got, click here. The real link will be coming tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.